Friday, September 19, 2008

Raise the Roof!

**Update**
It's 2:00 and the roof guys are still here. Oh well, I guess Ryland won't get a nap today. At least we'll have a new roof!


So I'm laying in bed this morning, waiting for Ryland to go back to sleep. He woke up at 5:30ish and was playing and talking in his bed. I finally gave up and drifted back to sleep around 6:30. Around 6:50, I heard a loud truck outside and thought it was the trash truck or someone turning around. It never went away and I thought, "Who could that be?" All of the sudden, I sat up...."It's the roof guys!" They called last night, but we didn't answer b/c it was an out of area phone number, so I didn't know they were coming today. Anyway, I jumped up, dressed in tshirt and shorts and headed out there b/c I knew I needed to move the truck. I didn't brush my hair or teeth, I knew I wasn't going to be out there long. I talked to the guy and moved my truck and got back inside. They were waiting on me to move the truck so they could back their trailer in the driveway. While all this is happening, guess who is asleep??? Mister "I'm gonna wake up early and play while it's quiet and sleep when it's time for the roof guys". :o)

Well, they started immediately and Ryland is just waking up at 7:45. They were right over his head and he slept through it. Crazy!!!

The headguy said they'd be done by noon! We'll see....

By the way, I did get a shower and brush my hair and teeth before I went out there a second time to open the gate.

Yay! New roof! Thank you Lord for your provision!

Have a good day!

No comments: