Thursday, May 29, 2008

Goose magnet....

I don't like geese. Just don't like them. Here are 3 reasons why:

1. When my mom was pregnant with me, a goose chased her. (or maybe it was chasing me)

2. About 7 years ago, a group of my friends and I went to the lake to the beach area. There was a goose there that came very close to our blankets and Janna and I took off to the parking lot. We both do not like wild animals. That goose would not let us come back onto the beach. One of our friends, Melissa, was very brave and chased it away after what seems like an hour.

3. We have a small pond by our house that has ducks, geese and turtles. Well, anyway, seems this past weekend, one of those geese wanted to get a closer look at us. We were outside visiting with my mom and dad. The goose walked right onto our front yard. Mom and Dad were already in the truck getting ready to go so I jumped right on in with them. That dumb goose walked up to our front door of the house and looked inside. He/she then started walking in the yard and decided to fly to our roof and sit on it. My parents got a kick out of this sight saying that most people use roosters for weather vanes, not geese. He walked up one side of the roof and down the other. Then his friend decided to come to the yard to see what was going on. The roof goose flew back down and the two walked on over to the neighbors house. We've lived in this house for 7/8 years now and I've never seen the geese get so close. I think they know I don't like them.

So now you know why I say I just don't like geese....



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! LOL.....

Juliann

churchillclan said...

Only you Shannon! That is crazy! I would have loved to have seen your face.

MOM said...

Shannon you can't fool us. We know you called them over so that we would hurry and leave.