Sunday, February 28, 2010

Winterplace, WV

We are back from our ski trip to West Virginia! We had a wonderful time even though getting up there was so tough, I thought I was going to soil myself or throw up!!!

We left at 4:30 and arrived at 11:30ish. The last 1.5 hours were rough b/c the roads were covered in snow and the wind was the strongest wind we have ever felt. James held on the the steering wheel with both hands the entire drive up there. We had to stop at a Walmart 20 miles away from the condo b/c that was the closest one. When our truck got sideways in the parking lot b/c of the snow, I knew the next 20 miles were going to be rough. We traveled slowly on the interstate, following any semi truck so that we could see tire marks. The rest of the road was white, plus the wind...not a fun ride. Turns out that a snow storm was blowing through and they got 8 inches just that night.

We finally got to the ski resort. Our condo was at the top of the mountain so we drove up there and we got almost to the top when we got stuck. Our truck is not 4 wheel drive so we had to stop and James parked the truck in an empty cabin's driveway until the next morning, when James took it back to the lodge parking lot. Our friend Charles drove to our truck and he and James unloaded our stuff into his truck and brought it up the rest of the way to the condo. Craziness!!!! AND our next vehicle WILL BE 4 wheel drive!

Once we were settled into our condo, it was wonderful! The deck was full of snow so Ryland was able to play in it while I stayed indoors. He also tried to ski this trip and did wonderful!!! He loved it and got tired after about 10-15 mins so we had short trips with him. James, Charles, Amber and Nicole skiied every day and night and had a great time. Vickie and I stayed indoors and enjoyed our books. Everyone was happy! My first successful ski trip that I enjoyed!

We probably got 12 inches of snow there and I have never been in snow that deep. In some spots, it came up to my knees. It was so much fun!!!

I am so glad to be home and so thankful that I don't live up north with all that snow!

Our deck

Family picMy guys

Playing

My little guy skiing

Looking good!

My two guys...loving the snow

No comments: