Friday, January 21, 2011

When reality hits...

We are not promised tomorrow...

I know we all hear that statement and while I agree with it...am I really living it? Yesterday, a family that attends our church lost a husband and a daddy. When everyone went to work and school, I guess everything was normal. Then at work, the man just passed away...without warning. I don't know what the specifics are but they are thinking massive heart attack.

As I sit and TRY(impossible to do) to put myself in Amy's shoes, I think, what would I do without James? I CANNOT fathom my life without my best friend and soulmate. I pray to God every morning that He will let James and I grow old together, but it's not my will that will happen. I know every person's days are numbered but it was like reality really slapped me. Am I being all I can be every day? Am I loving like I should? Am I serving like I should? Am I being who God wants me to be?

So many thoughts going through my head. I am so thankful for my family...my husband and little boy.

Please pray for this family - Amy, Spencer and Grant as they grieve. I am so thankful that we serve a God that will give a peace that passes our understanding.

No comments: