Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! This year it's been very important to me to remember that Jesus is the reason for this season, even more than in years past. I don't ever want to make Christmas more than that. I really wanted to enjoy this season...Thanksgiving, Ryland's 2nd birthday, Christmas, New Year's. So far, I've enjoyed it and not rushed through it just to make it to another event.

I just celebrated my 17th spiritual birthday on December 22nd! I look back on the 17 years to see where God has taken me and it's been a journey...both exciting and excruciating. Looking back, I am thankful for God never leaving me through those times even though at the time I wondered. God is so good to me and has blessed me so much.

I was wondering, why do children celebrate their spiritual birthdays but as adults, we don't? We celebrate our earthly birthdays, but I never hear anyone celebrating their spiritual birthdays. Just a thought.

So on that note, comment and let me know when your spiritual birthday is and how many years you've been a child of the King!

O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!

No comments: