Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yard sale results

Well, folks! I guess location is the key to having a yard sale. People actually bought my stuff. My mom, brother and I had our yard sale yesterday. It just trips me out how people will come up before it starts and start going through your stuff before you have it all set out. I got to mom's around 6:50am and there were people there at 6:30am. People were walking in the garage! We immediately started setting stuff out as fast as we could and people were buying left and right. We stay busy for about 3.5 hours straight. Then the crowd slowed down so we were able to go inside to cool off for about 15 minutes. I was so hot and completely soaked in sweat. Our family has been cursed with the "sweat-a-lot" disease so we all looked like we had just got out of a pool or shower. My brother and I both had to change shirts b/c we were so sweaty. Ok, can you get the picture that we were gross. hehe
Anyway, we all did GREAT! We brought in a total of about $1200. I made $470!!!! I couldn't believe it. You can ask my friends, people just don't buy my stuff. Items that I couldn't sell in past yardsales were sold. I even sold a wicker bedroom suit. Needless to say, I was excited. We plan on spending the money on buying things for the house. The first thing on my list is new silverware, glassware and a nice arrangement for my dining room table. Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

churchillclan said...

Girl, I am so happy for you. From being one of those people who have done past yard sales with you, I know this is huge! I'm so excited for you - have fun shopping!!!!