Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tatoos and Toe Rings

Well, as I type this, I am sitting on the balcony listening to the waves crash on the shores. There is a nice breeze blowing and it is very quiet, dark and relaxing. We packed our bags for our long (8+ hour) trip home tomorrow. I hate the day before you head home. I've enjoyed my week so much and had such a great time with my friends and family. Now it's back to reality....and from what I hear, back to the heat!
Let's see...no more sharks this week, but I did see a group of dolphins today. I love seeing dolphins in the ocean. It's such a graceful, beautiful sight. There was a wedding tonight on the beach. Once again, a beautiful sight.

While Denny and Vickie were here, all of the us girls got tatoos on our ankles. They were butterflies. If you didn't know, children with EB (what Emma had) are called butterfly kids b/c their skin is as fragile as a butterfly's wings. So we decided to get spray-on tatoos as a memorial to Emma. It was so much fun. We also went into one of the beach stores and got matching purple butterfly toe rings.
All in all, this was a great trip. I am so thankful we were able to come this year. Enjoy some of the pics.


No comments: