Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ear Tubes Surgery - A Success!!!

Yesterday we got up early and made our way to the hospital. My mom went with me for moral support and to keep Ryland distracted. We got all his information done and our armbands put on. The nurse led us back to a room to wait. Ryland did really good and my mom entertained him for me. We got him changed into his hospital gown but he didn't want to take his pj pants and shoes off and I wasn't going to press the issue. It was hard for me to sit in the room, knowing that they were going to put him to sleep with gas and not knowing how he would respond to it. There was a little boy (1 yr old) in the next room and we watched them take him for a ride in the wagon. Ten minutes later, the doctor was back telling the parents it was done. Then I knew Ryland was next. The doctor, anesthesiologist, and nurse came in the room and talked to us and Ryland. Dr. V asked Ryland if he wanted to ride in the wagon and Ryland nodded and took off his shoes to go ride. Watching them pull Ryland away in the wagon was the hardest thing to do. I got a little choked up, but was able to recover quickly. I didn't want to look like a big baby when the dr came back in 10 mins later.

The dr came in and said everything went well. He was asleep after 2 breaths of gas, the procedure went great and he was sleeping now in the arms of one of the nurses. When he woke up, she brought him in for me to hold him and be observed for about 30 mins. After about 10 mins of me holding Ryland, he was ready to get down and walk around with us holding his hands. He then told me he wanted to go to Nonna's house and for me to go 'bye-bye'. Yep, Ryland was going to be just fine.

Ryland walked out of the hospital, being sure to push every elevator button, acting as if nothing had even happened. The rest of the day, he was his loud, playing, running, jumping on people, self.

I am so thankful that God watched over us and Ryland did so well. We were covered with prayer from so many people and I am so thankful for my friends and family. Ryland never even asked for food or drink while we were there and that was the thing I was worried about the most. Shannon - don't sweat the small stuff!

Thank you to all who prayed for us! God bless you!!!


Before surgery


After surgery

Need I say more???

No comments: