Sunday, August 30, 2009

Atlanta Falcons Game

Last week, James got free tickets to an Atlanta Falcons game. We invited our friends whom I've nicknamed "Dandy" to go. James's mom came over to watch Ryland for us.

It was mine and James's first time going to a big game. I was nervous about being in Atlanta, but it ended up being fine. We got there early and went to Lenox Mall. We ate with Dandy at a resturaunt called "Prime". It was really fancy, but the food was wonderful! We were also excited b/c several of the items on the menu were half-price b/c it was before 6. Whoo Hoo! Gotta love those early bird specials. :o)

After dinner, we made our way through the traffic to the Dome. There were several people on the street trying to get people to park in 'their' parking lots. They were charging $20 to park and telling...yelling at people to park b/c it was going to be $50 closer to the dome. We decided to take our chances and park in the Dome's parking lot. After being in the traffic line for the lot, we made it and paid......$8. I'm so glad Hyder made that decision. I can't believe all the people that parked in those other areas and had to walk a little farther.

We had GREAT seats! We were 14 rows up from the field, in the corner by the field goal. There were so many people to watch in addition to the game. The Hyders are not big sports fanatics, so it was fun to watch those around us get so caught up in the game.

We got home around 1 and Ryland was still up. He had been complaining of his head and ear hurting earlier. He now had fever and so I decided to just keep him on the couch and we'd watch tv. We gave him more medicine and after about 30 mins of being legargic and achey, he sat up, took his washcloth off of his head and said "I-I(Ryland) head no hurt, feel better, mommy fix it. Thank you mommy! Hug" And he gave me a big hug. It was the sweetest thing I've heard. It made me feel good.

We stayed home today from church. I hope Ryland gets to feeling better soon.

Well......that was our weekend.... Hope you enjoyed yours as well.

Pics of us at the game to follow...

No comments: