Thursday, August 27, 2009

What's new???

This was the first week of James's new job. He said it went very well, even though he doesn't have his computer and all he did was read manuals. His co-workers are very nice and welcoming. I am so thankful that God provided this for us at this time in our lives.

Ryland has been a pistol this week. He is so funny and sweet...most of the time. But this week, he decided to turn into this child that wants to test his mama to her breaking point. I am still trying to recover from my meltdown yesterday, but today, he was so much better.

Parenting is the HARDEST challenge I have ever had to face. I want so much to do it God's way, to be a Godly mom and to raise Ryland in a way to make God proud. I've read and listened to a couple of good resources and I take the things that speak to me. I know that I won't be a perfect parent, and I'm not shooting for perfection, but I do want to do my best.

For all those moms of 2 or more children....I don't know how you do it! I respect you so much b/c it is a hard job with just my one. And he's ONLY TWO!!! Lord, have mercy if James and I are blessed with another child one day/year. :o)

It's not as bad as I'm making it sound. Ryland is a good kid, but it is challenging. Just putting my thoughts out there.

Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

Mark and Abbie's blog said...

Just wanted to encourage you. The hardest job in the world is being a parent.

I often get caught up in the details of parenting but then when others see me and the kids, they comment on how well they behave, how well they obey, etc. I don't see it because I'm looking at the little things and all the mistakes I make.

So, if you are trusting God, He will guide you through it. And you will be doing a good job. Children are indeed a blessing...but they are also just as sinful as we are.

Keep it up, girl! You really are doing a great job with Ryland.

And those of us with more than one child do it the same way you do it with one...one day at a time, one minute at a time and one second at a time if necessary...full of lots of prayers!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the encouragement Abbie!!! I am definitely in need of some. :o)