Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Honesty...

I don't know how many people read my blog, but I feel like it would do me good to be real tonight, raw to an extent. At least I can get it out of my mind for a little while.

I ask for your prayers for this next week. James, Ryland and I are flying to Houston for a work thing for James and to visit dear friends that live right outside of Houston. We fly out early Saturday morning and ya'll....I am scared to death! I have put it out of my mind for the last 2 months and now it's 2 days away. I have only flown 3 times before and never with a child. I have been having anxiety attacks about all kinds of scenerios this whole week. I don't know if you have ever had an anxiety attack, but it's horrible!

I know that this spirit of fear is not of God and I have been fighting Satan and asking God to give me peace. I have come to the conclusion that I have NO control over this situation and I am going to have to put my life in God's hands and ask him to protect me. Crazy thing is, I don't have control anyway...why do I think I do? I think sometimes I forget that it's not my life anymore, it's God's. When my feet are on the ground, it's alot easier to be relaxed than flying 40,000+ feet in the air. This is where my faith is really tested.

Anyway....all that to say, please, please pray for me, James and Ryland as we fly from here to Atlanta and Atlanta to Houston. Ryland doesn't like sitting for long. I pray that he will sleep from Atl. to Houston.

Ok....there is it...one of my fears revealed for all to see....

2 comments:

churchillclan said...

Shannon - you know that we all love your honesty. You are the most real person that I know and I know you will always be honest no matter what! You are covered in prayer this weekend girl! God will give you the peace that you need to do this and I will also be praying for little man that he will be calm and content. Remember the Destin trip that ya'll took and you were worried about how he would do in the car and he did so good? This is going to be the same way. Pack your bags in confidence knowing that God is going to bring you much peace and that ya'll are going to have a great time. Hug our friends for me - I miss them like crazy!

Shannon said...

Thanks girl! :o)