Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thankful

This past week, God has once again proven himself faithful to provide for us. With the economy being like it is, the big companies are not wanting to build or spend money which means no work for James. God provided for James to go to Spartanburg for the next two weeks and then he will hopefully have something for the rest of April. In May, he does have work that will take him into the summer.

After going to a women's conference this weekend, my spirit was renewed. Jesus came alive for me again and God providing James this work was just the icing on the cake. I am so thankful and my faith is strengthened. Why do we get in these ruts?

We had a great time at the conference. Some of the guests were Chondra Pierce, New Song, Rachel Lampa, Karen Kingsbury, Angela Thomas, Kathy Tricolli and Stormie Omartian. Great times! The theme of the weekend was "Free to be Real". Love it! My goal in life is to be me, all the time and be real. I used to try to be what everyone else wanted me to be, but now I don't try to please others so much. Can you say freedom???

This was the first time I've ever been away from Ryland for a night. Of course, I had no worries b/c James had him. I never thought I'd be so protective and possessive of my child, but I am. That's me. :o) Ryland had a great time with daddy, but first thing out of his mouth on Sunday was "mommy home!" and he ran and got in my bed to say "hey mommy, hey mommy!" So sweet! It was good for me to have some Shannon time though. I'd say I'm due after 2 years.

Ryland is growing so much. He's learning his colors and does pretty well. He's also learning to count....just not in the right order. He'll say "2,5,6,9" and take off running. He loves to sit and play with his cars and go to the park. He is all boy and thinks he can hang with the big kids. No Fear..... His best friends are Savannah, who he calls "mama" and Tyler who he calls "Ty-Ty".

Didn't know this was going to be such a long post...guess I'm feeling chatty.

Have a good day!

No comments: