Friday, January 16, 2009

About time....

I was told by a dear, sweet friend that I need to update my blog. I mean too, but everytime I sit down to do it my ADD kicks in and I get distracted by other things. Anyway, here is your update....

Ryland went to his 2 year dr's appt yesterday. He had many firsts - standing on the scale, standing against the wall to measure his height, first finger poke for hemoglobin check and first time standing in the corner for punishment for throwing his cup in the trash after I told him not too. Oh, did I mention the dr chose that moment to walk in? He did ok, but does not like her looking in his ears. He got to pick out a toy for it being his birthday visit.

James is in Breckenridge, Colorado, skiing with a group from church. I hope he has a great time there and gets all his skiing out.

I am wondering what I am going to do while James is gone. Right now, it's taking care of a little boy that does NOT tolerate shots well. He did get a shot yesterday and ever since he was little, he has a couple of sleepless nights, fever and the whineys and clingys. That has been today. He did get a great nap in today so that's good.

Just want to say congratulations to my friends, Doug and Trisha and Savannah as they welcome little Sarah Beth to the family. She is a sweet, cute little baby! Savannah is Ryland's best-est friend. It will be interesting to see how he does around Sarah Beth.

Ok...gotta go... Ryland's wanting me to play again.

Have a good weekend and please pray that James and the rest of the group get home safely on Monday.

1 comment:

churchillclan said...

All I'm going to say is "it is about time"! :) You know I'm always game for something fun so call me if you want to do something fun!