Friday, February 27, 2009

Family Weekend Getaway!

This past weekend, we went to Edventure and the Zoo in Columbia, SC. We had a good time and it was nice to get away for a little while.

Ryland barely spoke while we were at Edventure, a children's museum. He was so overwhelmed with all the things he could get his hands on (and not get in trouble for doing so). It's a cute museum and we'll be going back as he gets older and can do more the of the exhibits.

On Saturday, we went to the zoo. It never ceases to amaze me how we all pay money to go see animals sit, sleep, and play. Anyway, Ryland enjoyed seeing all the animals and James fed some birds with nectar. I, of course, freaked out b/c I was scared a bird was going to get me or land on my head or poop on me. I don't like birds. in case you didn't know. (Sidenote...seems the older I get, the more I don't like animals...I don't get it.)

On Sunday, we headed to Greenville to shop at the Outlet Mall. Would have been nice if we knew it opened at 1:30 BEFORE we got there at 10:30. Oh well....we headed back home and were able to get some naps in before Monday started the week all over again.








1 comment:

churchillclan said...

I love the picture with Ryland sitting beside Curious George. He looks so big!