Thursday, June 21, 2007

Just some thoughts...

I am so thankful that God has blessed us with Ryland. I am in awe that he is a healthy and happy baby. There are so many people out there that are not as fortunate.

This week, I received an email about a baby that is Ryland's age. His name is Kaleb and on May 9th, 2007 he became a victim of Shaken Baby Syndrome, not by his parents, but by the woman that was watching him while his parents were at work. I don't know why this has impacted me so much... maybe because he is so close to Ryland's age. I have daily prayed for this little baby and through his mom's myspace page, I have read his daily updates. My heart hurts so bad for this family and what they are going through, but God's hand is all over this. There are so many people that are praying for this baby to become a miracle and beat the odds the doctors have set for this little boy. I know God can do anything, and He is using this baby to teach so many to rely on Him.

Since Monday (when I got the email) every time I hold Ryland, kiss him, change his diapers, spend time with him, it makes me love him that much more. I am very grateful that I can do these simple things. Thank you Lord for showing me how fortunate I am.....

If you think about it, please pray for baby Kaleb..... With God, all things are possible.

No comments: